Are you interested in electronic giving (e-giving)? You can easily give electronically to Pasadena UMC in one of these ways:
DONATIONS ARE JUST A CLICK AWAY
Click on one of these links to give to PUMC!
Please note: If you are giving to the Memorial Fund, please let us know to whom the donation should be dedicated.
ASK YOUR BANK TO FORWARD YOUR DONATION
Arrange to have your donation forwarded to PUMC by your bank. Usually you would take these steps:
- Establish Pasadena United Methodist Church as a Payee.
- If you have offering envelopes, provide your bank with your offering envelope number, either as an "account number" or in a "memo" option within the payment statement.
- Verify that the bank has the correct church address and phone number [61 Ritchie Highway, Pasadena, MD 21122; (410) 647-3090, email@example.com].
- You can often choose a “recurring” option.
- Relax and enjoy the service!
Please note: some banks do not charge for this service, while others do.
For most banks you can create this transfer action directly online at the bank's website or by phone. No coordination, notification, or action by PUMC is required. Our Financial Secretary will receive notification of your funds transfer to ensure proper annotation to your giving records for the annual statement of giving that you can use for income tax filing. Your church envelopes can be used to supplement your offerings whenever you like.
TESTIMONIAL FROM ANDY LENTZ
I wondered: How can I keep up with my offering when I’m not in the pew?
E-giving is the answer. I used to forget my checkbook or even my envelopes, now I don’t worry at all. My check arrives at the church twice a month whether I’m in church that Sunday or not. Working with my bank, I was able to use their FREE bill pay service to establish a bi-weekly payment to the church. Transfers can be created on a recurring basis: weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly. It is completely within my control and quicker for me to cancel or change if my circumstances require.
What are the benefits of automating contributions through your bank?
- You are taking a step of faith – When you sign up to give automatically you are deciding in advance to faithfully give. God blesses that kind of faith!
- You make your life a little bit simpler – You don’t need to remember whether you gave this month. And if you are out of town or on vacation, you don’t need to think about it. You don't even have to remember to write a check and bring it to church Sunday morning.
- You will be helping the church – Every person who gives through automatic giving makes our record keeping easier and helps ensure continuous monthly cash flow to cover ministry expenses, particularly during the summer vacation months.
- You can focus on worship at church – Instead of having to get out a pen and write out an envelope and check, you can focus entirely on worship.
- There are no processing fees (usually) - 100% of your gift goes to Pasadena United Methodist Church.
- You'll still receive envelopes (unless you don’t want them) - You can supplement your electronic contributions at any time.
If you’re interested in automating your contributions, you can connect with Andy Lentz at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or you could contact the church’s Financial Secretary for more information.